On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl> wrote:
> On 2011-07-29 18:37, Andrea Ganduglia wrote:
>> my outbound traffic try to authenticate recipients and delivery fails
> My god, why is this so complicated ?
>
> You're adding extra transport maps to a transport that is already the
> default virtual transport, to override transport maps that are empty.

I don't understand this point. The only way that Dovecot works is use
transpot_maps, if I use just virtual_transport = dovecot it doesn't
works.

> And to top it off, you're using a mysql map to return a static result.

Yeah, it's hack for now. On next future, I want select transport by
domain name (like: select tranport from transports where domain =
'%d').

> Also, you're not using maildrop as a transport, so the above recipient limit
> is never applied.
>
> Seriously, consider unfscking this config.

It's not the goal of this issue. This is an experimental and
transitional config file. My goal for now is understand how split
outbound and inbound mail and using Dovecot/Sieve for inbound mails.
I'm not using dropmail here, I opted for dovecot.

>> With dovecot inbound mail follows this route postfix ->  spamassassin
>> ->  dovecot ->  sieve ->  Maildir (it works!)
>>
>> but outbound mail follows the same way, while I think should be
>> postfix ->  smptd ->  send (in any case with virtual pipe on
>> spamassissin!).
>
> So apply your spam filter to the incoming connection only.

No. Apply dovecot to the incoming connection only.

> I assume you're using submission (port 587, SASL +TLS) for mail submission -
> and if you're not, you should.
> This leaves you free to add your content_filter to the port 25 smtpd(8)
> listener.

Currently I'm not using :submission. If I do:

Jul 29 20:20:30 hostname postfix/smtp[17437]: 998E02548187:
to=<u...@example.com>, relay=none, delay=0.02,
   delays=0.01/0/0/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to
127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:587: Connection refused)

I have no more investigated.

>> How can I split delivery into two distinct paths for outbound and
>> inbound messages?
>
> By using submission to submit outbound mail.
>
>> --master.cf--
>> smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>>     -o content_filter=spamassassin
>
> That should be inbound only; prevent outbound users from using it by
> REJECTing envelope senders in your domain(s).

uhm... I don't understant. How? Why?

> Never used.
> This is used.

I know.

Jeroen, you was very nice, but I need to understand what is the right
way to make work this. I post this issue through out 3  world wide
mailing list {debian,dovecot,postfix}-user in last two weeks, I read
much about "talk", but no one said me where I wrong, why and how I can
fix it.

Someone can help me? please? :-/

-Andrea