Zitat von Dan The Man <d...@sunsaturn.com>:

Today I had an unhappy unix student try to submit an assignment to me and could not. Spamcop has decided to go off blacklisting all yahoo/shaw etc servers worldwide.

The subject is wrong. Spamcop simply list mailservers sending a lot of spam and Yahoo for example does exactly that. It is the duty of the mailserver operator to decide if such a list should be used for blocking senders.

Solution:
remove: reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net
from your smtpd_recipient_restrictions line until they fix their abuse issues.

The abuse issue is that some mailserver operators does not choose carefully which RBLs to use. Spamcop does exactly what they claim and no, we don't use it because of this.

Regards

Andreas