On 17 November 2011 09:28,  <lst_ho...@kwsoft.de> wrote:
> Zitat von Dan The Man <d...@sunsaturn.com>:
>

>> Today I had an unhappy unix student try to submit an assignment to me and
>> could not. Spamcop has decided to go off blacklisting all yahoo/shaw etc
>> servers worldwide.
>
> The subject is wrong. Spamcop simply list mailservers sending a lot of spam
> and Yahoo for example does exactly that. It is the duty of the mailserver
> operator to decide if such a list should be used for blocking senders.

I agree.  In all likelyhood, Spamcop listed the SHAW IP which is where
the email originates from and not the Yahoo IP.  Perhaps the student
will take this as a lesson to choose a better ISP.

>> Solution:
>> remove: reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net
>> from your smtpd_recipient_restrictions line until they fix their abuse
>> issues.

It's not *their* issue.  They list servers/IPs that send a significant
amount of spam.  I would suggest the people with the issue are the IP
owners.  Not spamcop.

But as others have said, you're not obliged to use it.  So please don't.

Simon