Hi,

For a while we ran Qmail. Qmail would accept all emails regardless, creating a very serious backscatter problem. Of course, switching to Postfix with it configured to only accept emails for our recipients fixed this problem. Still we seem to be losing the war with spam. I whitelisted any server that has a .forward set to mine. Any email from a server that is whitelisted gets delivered. This is unacceptable, so I started using procmail with some rules so that email from servers that are whitelisted just get delivered without any filtering. Could someone recommend some low resource way of rejecting more spam. I am considering policyd.

I recently setup dovcot to replace uw-imap. It seems to work fine when I am telneting from localhost, but even though it lets me log in from another system, it will not allow me to download the mail. I can't figure out why, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Al