On 1/11/2012 11:15 PM, Al Zick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a while we ran Qmail. Qmail would accept all emails regardless,
> creating a very serious backscatter problem. Of course, switching to
> Postfix with it configured to only accept emails for our recipients
> fixed this problem. Still we seem to be losing the war with spam. I
> whitelisted any server that has a .forward set to mine. Any email from a
> server that is whitelisted gets delivered. This is unacceptable, so I
> started using procmail with some rules so that email from servers that
> are whitelisted just get delivered without any filtering. Could someone
> recommend some low resource way of rejecting more spam. I am considering
> policyd.

http://www.postfix.org/docs.html
See section "UCE/Virus"

Apparently you missed the discussion Yesterday, Wednesday 12 Jan, of an
anti spam tool called fqrdns.pcre.  It will stop most bot spam.
Postscreen will as well, requires Postfix 2.8+.

> I recently setup dovcot to replace uw-imap. It seems to work fine when I
> am telneting from localhost, but even though it lets me log in from
> another system, it will not allow me to download the mail. I can't
> figure out why, does anyone have any ideas?

You need to inquire on the Dovecot mailing list, this is the Postfix list.

--
Stan