Thanks Sam for your prompt reply!

On 2/3/2015 5:19 μμ, Samuele Kaplun wrote:

> This is unfortunately a known bug with a partial solution that is not yet
> ready to integrate.
>
> Please see:
> <https://github.com/inveniosoftware/invenio/issues/2448>
> and the corresponding (WIP) PR:
> <https://github.com/inveniosoftware/invenio/pull/2646>
!! I remember bumping into 2646 by chance a few days ago, but I didn't
make the connection because of the title that mentioned 'author-indexing
holes'. It seems that deleting a docfile, indeed updates the record
'outside of MARC', so I can now see the relation to this issue.

> A dirty workaround we have implemented in INSPIRE OPS branch is:
> <https://github.com/inspirehep/invenio/commit/aab658404d5187231b1759395d0a3d0f8d2ce6df>
>
> maybe that it can help with your case? (although it will slow down a bit
> BibIndex).
Thanks for the quick'n'dirty workaround. To be honest, it's not a major
issue for me right now. I just wanted to report it because it /seems/
important.
We have only a relatively small number of deleted bibdocs and I was
wondering why I was still getting their records when searching with the
filetype index. I can easily find the rec ids of the deleted bibdocs and
force a reindexing on these ids only. I will wait until a 'proper'
solution is presented to fix this for good (it will hopefully be part of
the 1.2 version, no?)

Thanks again,
Theodoros