Hi Tim, *,

Webmaster for Lungstrom.com schrieb:
> On 03/21/2011 09:26 AM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
>> Webmaster for Lungstrom.com schrieb:

>>> Started the process of uploading all the file and folder archives
>>> for http://libreoffice-na.us/dvd-archives/dvd-folder-archives.html

[.. sync by ftp ..]

>> No need for that procedure, because..

> Well from your aspect, when the files are on your server.

It's up to You to have them there. As long as you continue authoring
them on Your home machine there's no advantage over sticking with Your
ftp space, though.

> But I am thinking about people who are in groups in the USA who are
> wanting to promote LibreOffice by handing out the latest version of
> someone's English DVD at the different meetings and events that these
> people/groups go to.  There are events in the USA this week that could
> get the latest files from us [including the one that are in the
> "theme" and "pics" folders] that are not easily saved via a browser
> system. These people would not have access to our FTP account as some
> of the TDF/LibreOffice people now have [or at least I emailed them the
> user/password info]. There people who do not have FTP access NEEDS
> some other way to get the files and folders from "us" that is easy if
> they had FTP access, but hard if they only have browser access.

I don't see any advantage of this procedure over providing recent, well
aproved ISO-files. Of course that's very painful, as long as You think
the preferred means creating those is Your home machine.

No help possible with this from our side.

[..]

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich