Hello all,

additional to the unique branding of LibreOffice today, we want to introduce an
alternative to TDF's trademarked logo/icon elements that can be used by the
community with minimal restrictions: a mascot.

The idea is similar to "Duke" from Java
(https://kenai.com/projects/duke/pages/Home), SuSE's chameleon "Geeko", Mozilla
has a lizard/godzilla/tyrannosaurus, Linux' "Tux" is famous, KDE is going with
the dragon "Konqi" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konqi) and Krita has "Kiki"
(https://krita.org/en/kiki/).

The first step would be to find some metaphors that enables designs to be
creative. Something like Freedom, Documents, Openness etc. Ideas for the
realization are of course also welcome. The mascot could be an animal like a
(grumpy old) cat to refer to the seven lives of LibreOffice or something more
symbolic.

Based on your input we would later start the actual design task, and ideally
have a few options where the community can choose the best.

Cheers,
Heiko
--
Dr. Heiko Tietze