Hi,

Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote on 2017-08-09 at 14:42:
Kiwi IRC rewrite will go stable in a couple of weeks. I intend to change our links to point to it. It is much nicer than the dated qwebirc interface. For now, you can try the new version like so (add and remove channels at will): https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/#irc://irc.freenode.net/libreoffice-qa,libreoffice-design,libreoffice-dev,libreoffice-doc,tdf-infra

doesn't look too bad to me indeed. ;-)
Do you know if it is available localized? I think if we want to extend IRC to casual users, some localization would be helpful, and for me Kiwi IRC loaded in English. No dealbreaker, but a nice to have of course.

Incidentally, KDE is having a similar discussion: https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2017q3/003664.html (warning: massive thread, you might spend your whole day..)

Didn't manage to read this yet though :)

Florian