Steve Alstrin wrote:
- OS threads (pthreads)
If your using pth you wont be using native threads.

Actually, this is pretty important to me. I'm working on a program containing one or two OS threads handling network IO (each thread managing a set of user threads), along with some number of other OS threads that serve as compute threads which need to communicate with the network threads. Yes, it's possible to use processes and IPC, but the performance suffers as a result.

- valgrind
Not for sure about this one, but tools like Insure++ don't work well
with these, if you need to use a memory checker, recompile with native
for that test.

Do you understand why exactly these memory checkers trip up on Pth?
--
Yang Zhang
http://www.mit.edu/~y_z/