I'm guessing that in your experimenting, you set up two projects with overlapping directories... Eclipse does not like this...

At least one person in our group (Rowland) got Eclipse
sufficiently confused that he had to re-install Eclipse...

(BTW, I use Eclipse every day on the Ptolemy tree, and
it works great).

Edward