With Eclipse, usually it is necessary to run configure so that the
.classpath file is properly set up.  An alternative is to set up the
project class path by hand.  Locally, our Eclipse users run configure,
so the by hand section of the doc could probably use some testing
and updating.

One issue is that Ptolemy II includes many packages that
use other external packages that might not be present, so setting the
classpath and excluding packages by hand can be time consuming.

-Christopher

--------

    Good morning,

    I'm a software designer in the Pasteur Institute (Paris) and I'm
    involved with a workflow definition and conception for sequence analysis
    (mainly). Ptolemy II seems to correspond to the core functionalities I
    need and seems to be easy to customize (thanks to have made docs and UML
    diagrams !)

    Unfortunatly I'm trying to make an eclipse project following the
    instructions described but without success.

    I'm now trying to install Ptolemy "by hand" following the chapter
    "Setting up for Ptolemy II By Hand" described in doc/coding/eclipse.htm
    and I have these errors :

    1 - The project was not built since its classpath is incomplete. Cannot
    find the class file for ptolemy.math.Complex. Fix the classpath then try
    rebuilding this project.

    2 - For the file /ptolemy/matlab/test/TestEngine.java :
    This compilation unit indirectly references the missing type
    ptolemy.math.Complex (typically some required class file is referencing
    a type outside the classpath)

    (Weird because I can see ptolemy.math in Eclipse)
    Can you say me if there is a mistake in the procedure described or I
    made something wrong.

    Thanks a lot !

    Regards

    Franck Valentin