Stephen Andrew Neuendorffer wrote:

I'm a bit at a loss as to why it must execute N1 times?  In seems to me
like the N1 firings of HT1 and the N2 firings of HT2 could be hidden inside the
actor, but without more information about where the desired number of firings is coming
from, I couldn't hazard a guess as to the right way to represent it.

"The N1 firings of HT1 and the N2 firings of HT2 could be hidden inside" I do agree with you, but I don't know how to proceed...

In fact in our model, there are two levels :

The first is the one I described in my last mail.
Each HT (Hierarchical Task), contains the second level :

When I take an input token, I cut it in N parts, I do a computation on
each part. At the end I take the N results of the computation
and I produce the result token.
So I use N "firings" to do the N computations. I don't have the choice
because I need to increment a counter in the  firing method of the director.

The director is an SDF director.

I try to use the "iterate" method but i don't know how to use it properly.
I can't use the "preinitialize" or "initialize" method because all the methods "preinitialize" or "initialize" of all the HT must be executed before a fire.
I would like to call it between "initialize" and "prefire". I think it's the best solution. But I do not know if it is possible ?

Philippe