Hi Alexander,

http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes/OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic-arm-Quickstart.pdf
> I noticed that section 4.1.2 and 4.2.4 names different search orders. While I
> prefere the one from 4.1.2 (PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR/patches/linux-x.y.z
> before PTXDIST_WORKSPACE/patches/linux-x.y.z) it seems that ptxdist actually
> uses the one from 4.2.4 PTXDIST_WORKSPACE/patches/linux-x.y.z before
> PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR/patches/linux-x.y.z. Which one was intended?

A single platform can be used in different BSPs, and a BSP describes a specific
application which might need special adaptions to the platform to make it
work.

So, the BSP itself (e.g. "PTXDIST_WORKSPACE") has always the highest priority.

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Borleis             |
Industrial Linux Solutions                    | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |