Hello Jürgen,

On Wednesday 10 February 2016 09:32:37, Juergen Borleis wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 February 2016 16:29:06 Alexander Stein wrote:
> > in a project I have to add a platform which requirs a slightly different
> > (kernel) patch set than current one. Up to now my patches are located in
> > PTXDIST_WORKSPACE/patches/linux-x.y.z which works great. I tried to use a
> > series.PLATFORMSUFFIX which didn't work. After reading
> >
> http://www.pengutronix.de/software/ptxdist/appnotes/OSELAS.BSP-Pengutronix-Generic-arm-Quickstart.pdf
> > I noticed that section 4.1.2 and 4.2.4 names different search orders. While
> > prefere the one from 4.1.2 (PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR/patches/linux-x.y.z
> > before PTXDIST_WORKSPACE/patches/linux-x.y.z) it seems that ptxdist actually
> > uses the one from 4.2.4 PTXDIST_WORKSPACE/patches/linux-x.y.z before
> > PTXDIST_PLATFORMCONFIGDIR/patches/linux-x.y.z. Which one was intended?
>
> A single platform can be used in different BSPs, and a BSP describes a
> specific
> application which might need special adaptions to the platform to make it
> work.
>
> So, the BSP itself (e.g. "PTXDIST_WORKSPACE") has always the highest priority.

How to handle the case where a specific BSP requires different adaptions for
different platforms which aren't required in another BSP?

Nevertheless the documentation is misleading/wrong (4.1.2):
> One location is the project’s currently used platform directory. If the
> currently used platform is located in configs/arm-qemu, PTXdist searches in
> ./configs/arm-qemu/patches/<package name>.
>
> If no patch series was found in
> the platform directory, the next location PTXdist it searches for a patch
> series is the main project directory in ./patches/<package name>.

This clearly states that the platform has priority over BSP/project.

Best regards,
Alexander
--
Dipl.-Inf. Alexander Stein
SYS TEC electronic GmbH

Legal and Commercial Address:
Am Windrad 2
08468 Heinsdorfergrund
Germany

Office: +49 (0) 3765 38600-0
Fax:    +49 (0) 3765 38600-4100

Managing Directors:
        Director Technology/CEO: Dipl.-Phys. Siegmar Schmidt;
        Director Commercial Affairs/COO: Dipl. Ing. (FH) Armin von Collrepp
Commercial Registry:
        Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 28082; USt.-Id Nr. DE150534010