On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 12:28:50PM +0200, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> Now I get it. You cannot update the md5sum for gdbserver with
> '--update-md5'. You need to do it manually. gdb and gdbserver share the
> md5sum and the kconfig symbol is PTXCONF_GDB_MD5. Run
> "md5sum /home/clemens/shared-src/gdb-7.11.1.tar.gz" and enter the result in
> 'ptxdist menuconfig' or edit the ptxconfig manually to update
> PTXCONF_GDB_MD5.

Hm, OK, I am entering it manually now, but would this be hard to
implement in ptxdist to automatically set a kconfig symbol if it does
not exist yet?
Same problem appears when updating toolchain components.

And why is the PTXCONF_GDBSERVER_MD5 kconfig symbol removed from ptxconfig when
leaving ptxdist menu?

Clemens