Hello,

My team is using ptxdist for several projects on several different boards
and while
there are of course things that can be improved, we are very happy with it.

I have not used Yocto but have looked into it from time to time; my feeling
is that
it raises the level of abstraction too much ("too much" for my personal
preferences,
that is), thus making it difficult to see what is happening under the hood.
I share
your feeling that Yocto is becoming "the Ubuntu of the embedded world".

The main good thing about Yocto is that it is becoming hugely popular and
has a
very strong and active community. It would be great if the same would
happen with
ptxdist :-)

Guillermo

> Hey all,
>
> yes I know the topic is blasphemy ;-)  but I was wondering if there are
> ppl that made usecase comparisons between ptxdist and Yocto? My personal
> experience with small systems (no GUI/X/wayland) is that ptxdist is
> really easy to get going. With large systems that need QT 5.9,
> webkitgtk/chromium, different OpenGL versions etc. is that ptxdist is
> not always that easy. But I am not experienced enough with Yocto to say
> if that will be easier/better.
>
> So hence the question, anybody out there that tried both and picked
> ptxdist (or yocto) for a reason ?
>
> - Erwin

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodrig...@gmail.com