On 6/11/13 6:18 PM, Luca Matteis wrote:
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kide...@openlinksw.com <mailto:kide...@openlinksw.com>> wrote:

    Really? You are referring to a revision of the original meme [1].
    And when you digest that meme, please don't come back inferring
    that TimBL must have been thinking about RDF when he produced
outlined the four points in his original GOLDEN meme.

Who cares about the revisions from way back in 2006? We care about what the document says *today*. And it mentions RDF. So do the top 3 results of the Google result for "linked data" [1][2][3].

But I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Do we both agree that RDF is a fundamental requirement for data to be called "Linked Data"?

No I don't, and I never will! That's from someone who leaves and breathes RDF, Linked Data, Databases for a living. I don't speculate, I get stuff made!

The Web is an all encompassing and tolerant medium. In its architectural dexterity lies the reality that we are all individuals for a specific reason i.e., in cognitive prowess lies the ability to see the same thing differently. In my eyes, heterogeneity is the spice of life, a critical virtue reflected in the Web's architecture.

1. http://linkeddata.org/
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_data
3. http://www.w3.org/standards/semanticweb/data

--