2011/3/21 Vincent Becker <vincentx.bec...@intel.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I recently created a new PA module (module-log-pcm) which is able to log PCM
> samples from any source/sink and its corresponding outputs/inputs. For
> testing audio quality, checking signal processing or verifying the right
> implementation of a sound device mixed in PA, application fields are many.

What is the use case you are specifically interested in?

> One just needs to give a parameter list depending on what is wished to be
> logged. During the process, an audio tree, or parts of it, is probed and
> logged for post-treatment purposes.

I'm sorry if I am being stuped here, but wat can the module do that
you can't with parec from a monitor source?

> For design needs, sources and sinks are designated by "ends" and source
> outputs/sink inputs by "ports".

Why introduce the new terminology here? I think it is confusing for
people that know pulse already. Or is there perhaps some subtle
difference between the pulse concept and your designation for it?

Maarten