Je77 wrote:
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3616

For what it's worth, I have successfully used the standard Swiki
distibution on Debian 3.1 -- I think that is "sid" ?

But yes, the directions on that page should let you
get a new VM.  Add the lines it requests to your sources.list,
then do "apt-get install squeak".  Once the new Squeak is installed,
type "squeak" instead of "./squeak squeak.image" to start the Swiki
server.

If that doesn't work please follow up; it would be good if Swikis
were runnable on Debian/stable, and IIRC "woody" is "stable" right
now?

-Lex

PS -- it's really too bad that you have to go through all this, but Debian
values purity over usefulness.  I'd love to learn of a Debian-like distribution
that is more practical....