I agree with Derrel.  This could save time and rectify problems that others have with a similar setup.

Cheers,

Dave

From: Derrel Fincher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 1:57 AM
To: David Klosowski; pws@cc.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: [Pws] Running the swiki in Windows as a service to start automatically

As I understand it, the full procedure to run Swiki as a service is:

1. Run Swiki first to choose the port and then start the service. Click Save and Exit while the service is running.

2. In a command window, enter a command similar to the following:

D:\Winterlong\ComSwiki\squeak -log: "D:\Winterlong\ComSwiki\log\log.txt" -service: "Swiki" "D:\Winterlong\ComSwiki\squeak.image"

where the -log: "D:\Winterlong\ComSwiki\log\log.txt" is optional.

3. In the squeak.ini file, add the line
         ImageFile="squeak.image"

How about posting this in the Swiki swiki so that others can see how to do it? I know others would find this very useful.

Derrel