Try the following:

1. Go to start==>run and enter msconfig in the box. Then uncheck "load startup items" and reboot. See if that helps. If it does, you'll need to turn the items on one by one to see which is the problem.

2. Redownload the Swiki package and verify that it's the windows version.

3. If that doesn't work, try an earlier version.

When in the startup process do you get the error message? Is it before you click start or after? If after, try changing the port.

Derrel