Hmm. I don't use Windows XP, but I do know others who haven't had any
problems. Try a couple of things:

1) Could it be that the process that you are using to launch the process
does not have write access to the directories? If so, this is the problem.

2) Try lookinging inside the ComSwiki\swiki\ directory for a log.txt
file. Does that file exist? If it does, delete and try restarting the
application. If not, create one using a text editor (contents don't
matter) and put it in there. If the latter, that's a good indication that
guess #1 is the cause (and you will need to fix it).

If those things don't work, please send the SqueakDebug.log file in the
ComSwiki directory to the list. Don't worry, this will not contain
sensitive information, such as configuration.

Peace and Luck!

Je77

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 01:02:07PM -0400, moran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using an IBM running Windows XP.  I've tried following the
> instructions several times, but the interpreter (or whatever it is) that
> is running squeak.image does not like what it is getting fed.  Hidden
> partway behind the ComSwiki Launcher window there is an error message
> that starts out:
> "Undefined object (object)>>could not understand #setToEnd
>
> If I try to ignore error messages I cannot get anything to come up in
> Mozilla or in IE.  Neither sees  :mysite" regardless of which port I try
> to use.  I wouldn't expect it to work given that I've already gotten
> error messages.
>
> Am I missing a software component, is this an OS issue, or what?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Patrick Moran

Jochen "Jeff" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105