Hi Derrel,

I'll check into it. I thought I tested the rendering before releasing,
but a bug could have gotten in there.

As far as putting code into the title, you basically can't. Several
things are not allowed through the Swiki syntax (>&@:*). These are
pretty ingrained into the system, so I don't see any way around that.

As far as IE vs. Firefox, that's a really tricky one. It sounds like
Firefox is downloading the file and then opening up MediaPlayer on the
file. Since FireFox has permission to get the file, this works. IE, on
the other hand, is just forwarding the URL to MediaPlayer. Since
MediaPlayer does not have the authentication, it has to ask for it. Could
you perhaps reconfigure IE to download the video before it passes it on
to MediaPlayer. Otherwise, this seems pretty difficult to solve.

Another thing you could try is, if you know all the IPs in the classroom,
just give all of those IPs read or read/write access to the site.

Peace and Luck!

Jeff

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 08:03:10PM +0800, Derrel Fincher wrote:
> I have several  issues that maybe somebody has some thoughts on.
>
> First, I'm trying to render a site of some 950 pages and it won't render.
> In past verisions, generally a few pages would render and I could find an
> error in the next page that I could fix. However, no pages are showing up
> in the rendered folder. I've move the swiki to a different machine, also
> running one of these days. (The first machine is Windows Server 2003 and
> the second is XP), and I still haven't gotten it to render. When I turn on
> the log, it just fills up with "forbidden" messages as though I have a
> permissions problem. However, in the browser it properly accepts the
> username and password used for rendering and never asks for them again.
> The explorer icon will spin and spin, and the log file will fill up with
> the same message indicating a permissions problem. Any suggestions? The
> swiki runs One Of These Days and is based on refs.
>
> The second has to do with the title of the page. We are working with
> middle school students and it takes them about 10 minutes to start putting
> code in the title. This isn't a problem (unless they fail to properly
> close the tag) but when the page is edited again it doesn't have the
> proper opening tag in the title box. Any hints on curing that problem?
>
> Third, we are running into an interesting IE permissions issue when view
> videos. Our fifth graders are creating short podcasts based on their
> research and uploading them to their swiki. It's a password protected site
> where the default is deny all. Each student has his own ID and has upload
> ability. Our issue is that when an MP3 link is selected, MediaPlayer opens
> (good), but then a password box pops up that requires that the
> authentication information to be entered again. However with Firefox,
> MediaPlayer still opens, but does not ask for a password box. Any ideas on
> this issue?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Derrel

Jochen "Jeff" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105