I have a RewriteRule something like

     RewriteRule ^/(.*)$  ...

and yours lacks the '$'

Also, you must have a swiki named 'HostRoot' for your config to
work.  And don't forget to have the modules enabled per the
documentation at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/swiki/91

I suggest that you iterate towards the working solution by first
mapping the root of swiki.myserver.com/ to localhost:8080/ with a
RewriteRule like

        RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8080/$1 [L,P]

and when that works then map to the specific swiki that your hosting:
        RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:8080/HostRoot/$1 [L,P]

Peter

--
Peter Burkholder
System Administrator, DLESE Program Center