There is a somewhat cleaner way to combine AniAniWebs, but it doesn't
have a good interface yet. You could execute the following code in Squeak
for each AniAniWeb you are moving:

shelf _ SwikiShelf someInstance.
book _ shelf bookNamed: 'nameOfAniAniWeb'.
book formatPrivAddress: 'export' request: nil response: nil shelf: shelf

Then, just move the directory as you would normally. On restart of the
server, the users will get updated.

Peace and Luck!

Jeff

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:55:13PM -0300, Derrel Fincher wrote:

>    IF you are running the same versions, you should just be able to move
>    the folders of the CoWebs you have created (not refs, ani, or default)
>    in Windows to the Linux server for most cases.
>    You will run into problem IF you are using Swikis based on Ani in both
>    sites. In this case you have to move the users in default/users, but
>    the user file numbers will overlap when you move them. In this case,
>    you need to get a file renaming program and just rename the users so
>    they are numbered sequentially. If you have the identical users in
>    both Swikis, the one with the higher file number is the one that gets
>    used.
>    Derrel
>    At 08:25 AM 9/20/2006 -0700, Christopher Adams wrote:
>
>      I have a Swiki running on Red Hat Linux. I have another Swiki
>      running under Windows 2000 Server. Is there a way to move the Swiki
>      files from the Windows server to the Linux server and retain all
>      functionality?
>
>      Christopher Adams
>      Library Systems Analyst
>      Oregon State Library
>      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>      503-378-5031
>      503-932-1004 (general support)

Jochen "Jeff" Rick, PhD Candidate, Georgia Tech College of Computing
[EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.je77.com/, work: 404-385-1105