On Oct 16, 2008, at 7:28 PM, Donald MacQueen wrote:

> Derrel Fincher wrote:
>> The admin password has nothing to do with the Aniwebs. Go to the
>> Users
>> tab and see who is there--make one of those the owner.   Try creating
>> an account on the sign in page and have it mail you your password. If
>> you don't have email enabled (that will make it tough!) go to the
>> Swiki installation and find the users folder in default (dig through
>> the directories). Users are just 1, 2, 3, ... etc. Open the
>> file--you'll see the password in plain text. Try that.
> There are no users on the Users tab.  I do not have email enabled. The
> users folder in default (the only one under the ComSwiki directory) is
> empty.

how about this:
    1) try creating a new user (as derrel mentions)--i think it will
still create one even if it can't e-mail the user
    2) then, go to the users folder--it shouldn't be empty. edit the
file to find out the password assigned

if that doesn't work, you may need to enable e-mail.

>> Also, create another Aniweb and try that. Make sure it inherits from
>> Ani and not Refs.
> Did that. Same problem. No users.
>
>> Also create a CoWeb using Refs and see if that works.
> I created a Swiki that inherited from Refs, but there are still no
> users
> anywhere.

access to non-ani swikis are handled via the admin interface, security
tab

create a  profile, then you can create username:password or addresses/
address ranges who have various levels of privilege.

this is a separate user space from the aniani user space

best,

hal