Hi Andreas. Sorry for the gap, I'm back with my CUDA client now. I'm
reporting two successes with today's 0.94rc:

OS: Windows XP 32 bit
GFX: NVIDIA 9800GT
CUDA: 2.3
Boost: 1.41 built from source with MS VC 2008 (Visual Studio 9)
Python: 2.6.4
Numpy 1.4.0
Visual Studio 2008 (AKA Visual Studio 9) Team
pyCUDA: 0.94rc (today's)

OS: Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 (32bit, not Snow Leopard)
GFX: MacBook's NVIDIA 9400M
CUDA: 2.3
Boost: 1.41 built from source
Python: 2.5.1 (Mac default)
numpy: 1.4
pyCUDA: 0.94rc (today's)

For testing I've run hello_gpu.py, dump_properties.py and my
Mandelbrot example (wiki). Building and installing worked first time
on both.

Now I'm off to do some testing with the complex number support.

Cheers,
Ian.

On 28 March 2010 18:26, Andreas Klöckner <li...@informa.tiker.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> PyCUDA's present release version (0.93) is starting to show its age, and
> so I've just rolled a release candidate for 0.94, after tying up a few
> loose ends--such as complete CUDA 3.0 support.
>
> Please help make sure 0.94 is solid. Go to
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycuda/0.94rc
> to download the package, see if it works for you, and report back.
>
> The change log for 0.94 is here:
> http://documen.tician.de/pycuda/misc.html#version-0-94
> but the big-ticket things in this release are:
> - Support for CUDA 3.0
> - Sparse matrices
> - Complex numbers
>
> Let's make this another another rockin' release!
>
> Thanks very much for your help,
> Andreas

Ian Ozsvald (A.I. researcher, screencaster)
i...@ianozsvald.com

http://IanOzsvald.com
http://morconsulting.com/
http://TheScreencastingHandbook.com