Dnia 2010-07-19, pon o godzinie 22:44 -0400, Andreas Kloeckner pisze:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 16:48:06 +0200, Fabrizio Milo aka misto
> <mistob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello to every one.
> >
> > So I downloaded pycuda again after some times and installed it.
> >
> > I really really liked the new feature to download auto-magically the
> > boost requirements. very very nice.
>
> I figured--I recently gave a tutorial on PyOpenCL at SciPy'10 [1], and
> 'please get rid of @$...@#%@!! boost' was a rather frequent complaint.  So
> I got to work, and it turned out that shipping the required part of
> Boost is a pretty reasonable proposition--with the shipped boost bits,
> the binary image only grows from 1 meg to 1.4 megs. (The source tarball
> does grow by about a meg, but I figure that's fine.) I committed the same
> boost-inclusion changes to PyCUDA about a week later.

Could you put the new source archives (for both PyCUDA and PyOpenCL)
on PyPI? I would like to see how to deal with such changed source
file in packaging.

BTW, for anyone interested - PyOpenCL is in Debian unstable
for architecture amd64 (sorry, not yet for i386 - buildd has some
problems with non-free and contrib building).
As for PyCUDA, there is not yet NVIDIA toolkit in Debian.

--
Tomasz Rybak <bogom...@post.pl> GPG/PGP key ID: 2AD5 9860
Fingerprint A481 824E 7DD3 9C0E C40A  488E C654 FB33 2AD5 9860