On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:50:27 -0400, Vince Fulco <vful...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey PyCuda Gang-
>
> Doing a clean install of 0.94rc after a previously working 0.93, i.e.
> wiped out all Pycuda site-packages in python 2.6 directory prior to
> new install.  'make' raises errors related to not being able to find
> the boost headers, i.e. '/usr/include/boost /boost/  python .hpp'.  My
> siteconf.py file indicates BOOST_INC_DIR = ['/usr/include/boost'] same
> as before and posted previously to this list, changed gcc42 to gcc44
> in BOOST_COMPILER and that is it for changes.  setup.py file indicates
> it attaches a subpath like so :
>
> # BOOST_INC_DIR/boost/python.hpp
>    if 'BOOST_INC_DIR' in sc_vars:
>        verify_path (
>            description="Boost headers",
>            paths=sc_vars['BOOST_INC_DIR'],
>            subpaths=['/boost/'],
>            names=['python'],
>            extensions=['.hpp']
>            );
>

> but I can't seem to find where the additional '/boost/' label is being
> attached if at all as indicated in the error message when the setup.py path
>  search executes.  And my boost library is one level up
>  @ '/usr/include/boost/python.hpp'. Tried removing the subpath line
>  completely then error repeats but with '/usr/include/python.hpp'
>  suggesting path is not being modified further.

The code snippet you posted is from the 'checker' part of setup.py, so
if it complains, that's not in itself a problem. Only if the compiler
fails later, there is an actual issue. Of course, checker complaints are
designed to be indicative of things that might go wrong later.

To help me diagnose this better, can you please post the compiler
invocation line and all errors leading up to (and including) the first
header-not-found error? Also, what does your /usr/include/boost look
like?

Andreas