Op 09-09-13 13:36, Giuseppe Penone schreef:
Hello Timo,
thank you very much for the reply,
unfortunately I cannot upgrade to GTK3 because my app (http://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/) has to fully work on microsoft windows and I see that pyGI or whatever is the name of python-GTK3
still doesn't work on windows.
It's sad to say but if GTK people will not spend time to support cross-platform rather than just adding functionalities
more and more people will leave it for Qt and python-Qt.
I completely agree Giuseppe. My cross-platform applications also still use GTK2 for that same reason.

For a Linux only project I'm using GTK3 and I really like it (like the CSS theming for example), but I would probably think twice again in the future when starting a new large project. Which is a real shame if you look at how awesome GTK is.

I can't help you with GTK2 theming though, sorry.

Timo

Cheers,
Giuseppe.