On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 1:41 PM Eric Fahlgren <ericfahlg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On the other hand, you can add an (or modify the existing) argument parser
> to supply those defaults in mysite.py's main.  Neither of these requires
> that you do anything to your PyInstaller spec  (and I'm having a hard time
> seeing where you would do this at the PyInstaller phase of deployment).

I agree -- the trick is to provide PyInstaller with a startup script that
doesn't require any command line args. I'm not sure what startup script
you're using -- but you can either alter it to have the defaults you want,
or write a little wrapper that provides those defaults, and use that
wrapper as your main script for PyInstaller.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov