I apologize in advance if 1) This is not the proper place to be asking such
a question 2) My understand of authentication is so lackluster that my
question is irrelevant to begin with. Having said that, I will ask away:

I was hoping to use one of Pyramid's built in authentication policies
(AuthTktAuthenticationPolicy) within my application. From what I
understand, through the use of this remember() function I can obtain a set
of Set-Cookie headers to be set on my response and returned so that my
browser will follow suit and authentication will be taken care of when
accessing my application via said web browser.

My issue is that I'm using Pyramid as the backend of a mobile application
native to iOS. So, I would like to leverage AuthTktAuthentication policy if
possible, but return the appropriate cookie (Or cookies? Do I need more
than one? Because more than one cookie is provided by
pyramid.security.remember()) in the JSON body of my response. For example,
I'd like to return {"auth_tkt": -----with the auth_tkt's value here-----}.
Is is possible to obtain the actual value of the auth_tkt cookie/s provided
in the response.headers? Is this not how I should be going about this?

I realize the cookies can be read from the client side by accessing the
approproate authorization headers, but I'd like to explicitly send the
auth_tkt via a JSON body if possible. Thanks.

Best.
Andrew