preface: I think you should be able to do what you want inside of Pyramid.

In terms of modifying a JSON response by ADDING an attribute (like the
auth_id), it's not that hard and you don't need to deserialize.  You can
capture the response in a tween and just replace the trailing '}' with ',
"mykey": "myval"}'.  I've done this many times.  You only need to
deserialize/re-encode if you're replacing or modifying an attribute.  If
you're simply adding an attribute, then appending it on the end is all you
need.