I already added the initial hook for this via debugtoolbar.includes. In
theory you could add extra panel packages that defined an includeme(config)
and they can do whatever they want.

development.ini
---

debugtoolbar.includes =
    myapp.debug.custom_panel

myapp/debug/custom_panel.py
---

def includeme(config):
    config.add_debugtoolbar_panel(CustomPanel)

class CustomPanel(...):

The required changes to fully support doing certain things would be to
expose a few config directives that do not currently exist. For example,
config.add_debugtoolbar_panel() which would add the panel to the list of
default panels. That includeme is also the best place to add custom routes,
etc to define ajax urls, or inject extra static assets into the panel UI,
making them available.

Ideally there would also be some sort of
config.add_debugtoolbar_panel_css() which would add an extra css file to be
added, or config.add_debugtoolbar_panel_javascript() to add a <script src=>
tag.

Anyway I'm saying this is possible if someone put in some good work on it.

- Michael