I guess that's an alternative as well. Is there a way to access and
configure an already existing [filter:translogger] from the Python code?

// about the tween version, I've just realised that it's not even using
translogger or is it? I mean I've been so puzzled because of translogger
and I've only used it as it was in the guides and it was what people
recommended me on the IRC channel, but not using translogger seems way
cleaner and more flexible option to me.

Does using the tween even mean I no longer need the paste dependency? If so
that's brilliant!