On May 2, 2007, at 4:46 PM, durumdara wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I used Zope before modpy, and now I subst. to Pylons.
> I want to ask something about rights and objects.
>
> The Zope's philosophy that everything in the site is an object, and
> every of these objects have special attributes named rights.
> With these rights you can set what object is published, and what
> rights or roles needed to access this object.
>
> In modpy I need to do same thing, because I need to use menus, and
> menus linked to pages - so every page have three base attributes
> (path, title, rights).
> In directories I have a special file that described the pages in this
> dir, and grouped them to menus.
>
> In Pylons I don't see same thing, but I need it, because my site need
> "forbidden areas", and I want to centralize the pagetitle / page right
> handling.
>
> What solution YOU used IN YOUR SITE?

I've written a small authorization library [1] based on peak.security
[2] and use AuthKit [3] for authentication. The combination has been
running for a couple of months in a production site and I'm quite
happy with the results Maybe you find it useful (DISCLAIMER: TPS has
no docs except for some unittests)

Alberto

[1] http://svn.toscat.net/TPS/trunk
[2] http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/SecurityRules