On Jul 13, 2:22 pm, voltron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Jose!
>
> Thanks for your reply. Here is a link to the "standalone" version.
> What I mean by standalone is that it is not rendered by Pylons at all.
> The static. What drives me crazy is that this static page is an exact
> copy of what is rendered from Pylons
>
> http://www.nhytro.de/val/validation.html
>
> I´m sorry if its in German, but a quick test is to press the submit
> button, the page does not get sent as expected, but when this page is
> rendered from Pylons, it gets sent no matter what.
>
> Thanks

Regardless of what's being rendered, are you sure that your jquery and
other js files, especially register.js are being included?  When
debugging javascript issues, you really should be working in Firefox
and using the Firebug plugin.  Load the page, open the Firebug pane,
click on Script and then click on the little down arrow just above the
word Script and you can see exactly what files were served.

When you call $('#register_form').validate(...) in register.js what
that's essentially doing is using your plugin to set up an event
handler for when the form is submitted.  So, if any of the js files
aren't being delivered, things won't work.