On Aug 27, 2007, at 10:44 PM, Daniel Haus wrote:

> Now there's still this Genshi translation-filter issue. The Pylons
> i18n tutorial does cover message extraction from Genshi, but there are
> no hints on configuration of that filter, which i think would be
> necessary. Is this a common problem, or am I missing something
> obvious?

Take a look at http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/
i18n.html#translation and the  source of genshi's Buffet plugin.
Apparently (haven't tried, so tell us how it goes...:) you should be
able to do something like:

from genshi.filters import Translator
from pylons.i18n import _

def template_loaded(template):
     template.filters.insert(0, Translator(_))

Then you would need to pass this callback when initializing genshi's
buffet plugin:

inside middleware.py (or load_environment):

options = {"genshi.loader_callback": template_loaded}
# options.update(options_from_config_file)
config.add_template_engine("genshi", "yourapp.templates", options)

HTH,
Alberto