I'm releasing Routes 1.8 today, it has a few fixes for some unicode bugs, but the main reason for the announcement is that how map.resource works is being altered in a way that may break hard-coded links.

Previously, Routes used a ';' mark for an action in map.resource, like:
/comments/4;preview

With 1.8, its now:
/comments/4/preview

Rails made this 'fix' quite awhile ago, and its been late coming to Routes.

The other change that might break some apps is that Routes no longer double escapes the already escaped URL. I know some people have workarounds in their code to handle this, which will need to be removed after upgrading.

Cheers,
Ben