On May 23, 2008, at 2:06 PM, L.C. Rees wrote:

> In a scenario where you're running multiple Pylons instances of the
> same Pylons application behind a load balancer, what techniques can
> you use to share Beaker sessions and caches between the instances so
> the data they're storing can be accessed when needed irrespective of
> which instance is handling an individual request?-lcr

Beaker can use SQLAlchemy or memcached as its backends.

Unfortunately we don't have a tutorial on how to set this up. Someone
wrote a good little intro that covers the Beaker backends here
(unfortunately he never migrated this over to the Beaker section on
the wiki):

http://www.openvest.com/trac/wiki/BeakerCache

It only covers just the Beaker API though, it doesn't cover how you'd
utilize these backends within Pylons. I think the key thing you need
to know is that you can set Beaker options (like the 'type' option) in
the app section of your ini file. e.g.:

beaker.type = 'memcached:<stuff>':

Those options are covered here:

http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/beaker/Configuration+Options