I know this is OT, but there's plenty of people in the know here, so
maybe I can get some help.

I decide to give virtualenv a spin on my laptop yesterday to test out
some Python package.  It didn't work out so I deleted the virtualenv
directory I'd created for it, thinking it was an isolated environment.

Unfortunately, today I decided to do some work on Breve only to discover
that something isn't quite right.  Any time I try to run "python
setup.py install" from my Breve source dir, setuptools tries to install
python-openid (a requirement of the package I was testing).

Clearly some Python system file has been altered.  How do I undo this?

Regards,
Cliff