Hi,

Are there any plans to pull paste.registry out of the Paste distribution
into a separate one?

I've recently removed Paste's dependency from ToscaWidgets in favor of
smaller WebOb and ended up copying the registry.py module almost verbatim
which is certainly sub-optimal. I believe the registry is useful enough
outside of paste and fits with the general trend of breaking Paste up into
smaller pieces.

As far as I can tell, paste.registry only needs Paste for the threadlocal
(is 2.3 support still needed?) and an import from eval_exception inside
get_request_id which could be conditional.

If I get a pointer into a way to best remove these deps. I'll gladly do
the grunt work of creating a new distribution, graft the registry back
into the paste namespace (with a setuptools' namespace packages) and
contribute it back.

Regards,
Alberto

--
 "the humbleness of a warrior is not the humbleness of a beggar.  The
warrior lowers his head to no one, but at the same time, he doesn't

Carlos Castaneda, Tales of Power