On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Contact 42 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
>> write to a .txt log in some sort of standardized format , when it hits
>> 10k lines run a batch query
> what happens if an insert fails ?

It continues with the rest of the batch.  It'll tell you at the end
how many succeeded and how many failed.  You can read the MySQL
documentation to figure out how to look up the error messages.  My
schema is setup so that I don't get failures unless something really
awful happens.

-jj

--
I, for one, welcome our new Facebook overlords!
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/