Previously Chris AtLee wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:04 PM, kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > hello,
> >
> > hope all is well.
> >
> > i'm wondering what the best way to get a user's IP address is?
> > because the reCaptcha verification wants the remote IP.
> >
> > I know I can get request.host and socket.gethostbyname can resolve
> > host to IP.
> >
> > but i'm looking for something else first, maybe a Pylons/WSGI field
> > for IP, because resolution is relatively expensive at scale.
> >
> > thanks,
> > kevin
>
> request.environ['REMOTE_ADDR'] does it for me

Possibly better:

  request.environ.get("X_FORWARDED_FOR", request.environ["REMOTE_ADDR"])

that handles requests coming in from a proxy server as well. You may
want add some extra checking to see if REMOTE_ADDR really is a proxy
server before trusting the X-Forwarded-For header.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.