Previously Ian Bicking wrote:

> Christoph Haas wrote:

> >> Is it really?  Does the browser convert it to POST before sending the
> >> HTTP request?  Just want to make sure I don't break anything before
> >> lowercasing it (and all the other methods in the function).
> >
> > I second rcs_comp (/me donates his parent a few bucks to give him a real
> > name). I use method='post' everywhere in my code because uppercase
> > attributes aren't xhtml'ish. That reminds me that I wanted to open a
> > ticket for that one. :)
>
> Uppercase attribute... values?  What does XHTML care about the values?
> Apparently the DTD does specify lower-case values.  XHTML is totally nutty.

I asked a designer friend of mine recently why he preferred XHTML over HTML. He
had a whole set of reasons (paraphrased and translated from Dutch):

1. XHTML = XML, which makes transformation from XML to XHTML with, for example,
   XSLT much simpler.
2. XHTML is consistent: all tags are closed instead. Unlike HTML, which is very
   inconsistent and thus harder to deal with. An important aspect here is that
   parent vs child relations in XHTML are always clear, which is critical
   when styling content.
4. XHTML works on all browsers and is downwards compatible with ancient
   browsers, so no reason not to use it.
5. XHTML supports JavaScript DOM manipulation much better
6. XHTML can be parsed by both javascript and server side-parsers as XML
   which makes it easy to process. Some JavaScript parsers can not handle
   old HTML at all
7. There no reason not to use XHTML.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.