Mike Orr wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Previously Mike Orr wrote:
>>> Of course, that will diminish Mako's amazing speed.  It remains to be
>>> seen how much of a difference it makes.  Perhaps down the road Mako
>>> can be patched to put cached templates in Datastore.  Cc'ing Mke Bayer
>>> for comments.
>> It's certainly better than genshi, but I wouldn't call it amazing. There
>> are some new kids on the block that are a lot faster. See for example
>> http://hannosch.blogspot.com/2008/07/project-messerschmidt-vs-nkotb.html
>
> How did Genshi rate six times faster than Mako?  That doesn't sound
> plausable.  Genshi has to parse and render XML, and convert tokens to
> HTML.  Mako and Cheetah run compiled Python functions that build up a
> string.

You're reading the graph the wrong way around: it lists pages per second,
not rendering time. In other words zope.pagetemplate is insanely slow and
spitfire insanely fast.

> How does zope.pagetemplate work, and what makes it so fast?

I haven't looked at spitfire and z3c.pt internals at all. You can find their
sources at http://code.google.com/p/spitfire/ and
svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/z3c.pt

 > (PS. Did you mean to send this to the list?)

I forgot the cc indeed, I've added it now.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.