Randy Syring wrote:

> I have a customer who wants me to store credit card information so
> he can retrieve it and run it manually.

There are a host of government regulations that you must follow if
you are planning on storing credit card information on your servers,
and you carry an absolutely massive amount of liability. I would
advise you to avoid this at all costs.

A better option would be to use a third-party service which stores
the credit cards and allows you to run transactions against them
remotely.  A really excellent option is Authorize.NET's Customer
Information Manager, which has a high-quality web service API:

http://authorize.net/solutions/merchantsolutions/merchantservices/cim/

It took me about a day to interface with Authorize.NET CIM, and I
can't recommend it highly enough.

Good luck --

--
Jonathan LaCour