I have seen a number of times where people have setup
WSGIDaemonProcess directive to create daemon process groups, but then
forget to also setup WSGIProcessGroup directive in appropriate context
to delegate application to daemon process. That or if they do add
WSGIProcessGroup directive, they don't place it in correct context.

To verify, print out from WSGI environ dictionary the value of
'mod_wsgi.process_group' attribute.

Graham