Beaker seems to be very little documentation online, so hopefully
someone can help me out here.

I am looking at caching the results of things like expensive function
calls and database queries, and beaker seems to be usable as a caching
system. What I can't seem to find is how to conveniently handle
per-request and forever-lasting caching. In Zope I can do this:

from plone.memoize import forever
from plone.memoize import view

@forever.memoize
def expensive_stuff(....):
    """The result of this function is cached forever, with the function
    and its argument as cache keys."""

@view.memoize
def expensive_stuff(....):
    """The result of this function is cached during this request only,
    with the function and its argument as cache keys."""

as far as I can see there is no direct alternative for beaker, is that
correct?

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.